A/V Associate (pt)
JOB TITLE: Audio/Visual Associate-Part time Evenings and Weekends
REPORTS TO: Director of AV Operations
JOB SUMMARY: To efficiently produce high quality audio/visual experiences within the museum environment.
The audio/visual department at the New-York Historical Society is an integral part of daily operations at NYHS. We here at the NYHS are fortunate to count numerous priceless works of art in our collection. Operating our A/V equipment requires strict attention to detail and respect for the environment. From exhibition gear oversight/maintenance to our frequently sold-out public program lecture series to our Friday night movie series as well as our myriad of private events, the NYHS A/V department bears multiple responsibilities that are often simultaneous. As such, becoming a part-time member of the NYHS team requires a quick-thinking individual who possesses refined communication skill set to compliment a foundational technical skill set. Verbal communication abilities are given high priority in this employment opportunity.
- High school diploma required
- College coursework in audio/visual production preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of Audio/Visual experience (ideally within professional/corporate/educational environment)
- High critical thinking capacity and fast problem solving ability
- Meeting expected requirements within a time-based environment
- Operating efficiently as a member of a team or completely autonomously
Additional experience (preferred):
- Performative experience on Yamaha LS9, Yamaha QL1 mixing boards, Mackie Analog consoles, AMX control surfaces, StageMix iPad application, Reaper Recording software, Pro Tools Software
- Experience operating audio/visual gear within a museum, corporate or educational environment that has noise/action restrictions
- Constant desire to expand audio/visual knowledge beyond specific job requirements
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Liaising with administrators, performers, maintenance technicians and museum staff in addition to the members of the general public on a regular basis
- Place lavaliere microphones on speakers/performers
- Prepare stage for performance (engage security doors, remove stage stair blocker, execute stage plot)
- Ensure NYHS A/V gear is not damaged during performance
- Return all A/V gear to the respective storage locations
- Execute on-stage performative elements during R.O.S. (i.e. removing introduction mic, placing Q&A mics at proper time during performance)
- Liaise with performer to ensure they are fully prepared prior to performance
- Provide constant real-time feedback and communication with designated personnel
- Perform global museum startup and shutdown procedures when requested
- Provide immediate technical assistance for all A/V gear within current exhibitions
- Provide direct support to A/V personnel as situation dictates
Additional duties as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Lift up to 50lbs (speakers/removable stairs/stanchions)
For consideration please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com . Please reference the job title in the subject line.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer