Andrew W. Mellon Fellowships in Women’s History
Applicants for the Mellon Pre-doctoral Fellowship must be enrolled in a Ph.D. program in the humanities and be on track to completing their degree. Two Pre-doctoral Fellows will be in-residence between September 1, 2016, and June 30, 2017, with a stipend of $15,000 per year. This position is not full time and will not receive full benefits.
Applicants for the Mellon Post-doctoral Fellowship must hold a Ph.D. Candidates at the pre-doctoral level or ABDs will not be considered. Fellows will be in-residence, full-time staff members for a period of two years between September 1, 2017, and June 30, 2019, with a stipend of $50,000 per year and will receive full benefits.
Application requirements for both fellowships include:
- A two- to three-page statement that outlines the applicant’s scholarly goals and proposes a potential public history project focused around the field of women’s history
- A curriculum vitae
- An unofficial graduate school transcript
- A short writing sample of no more than 3,000 words or ten pages
- Three letters of recommendation
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE ELEMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED:
- No later than 11:59 pm on January 19, 2016 (deadline extended), for the Pre-doctoral Fellowships
- Please check back in spring 2016 regarding the application deadline for the 2017 Post-doctoral Fellowship
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
To apply, click here.