Overall: 3/4 x 9 1/4 in. ( 1.9 x 23.5 cm )
White ceramic plate with a molded grapevine border, a gold-leaf rim and an image of the A. M. E. Zion Church transfer-printed in the center; chronology of the church printed on the underside of the plate.
transfer-printed: on the obverse, below the image: "Mother A.M.E. Zion Church/ New York, New York" in gothic script
transfer-printed: on the reverse: "Historical Facts of Our Church/ Founded A.D. 1796/ First Church built corner of Church and/ Leonard Street 1800./ Incorporated 1801/ First Annual Conference 1821/ Church burned down 1839/ Rebuilt 1840/ Moved to the corner West 10th and Bleeker Street/ 1864. Built new church on West 89th Street/ in 1904. Bishop J. W. Brown, Pastor, 1913-1936./ Removed to the Church of the Redeemer 151-3/ W. 136 Street, 1915./ Began excavation for new church 140-6 W. 137/ Street, July 1923./ Organization of Jr. Church January 26, 1924./ Dedication of new church September 20, 1925./ Dedication of Crypt of Bishop James varick/ February, 1926. Present Pastor, Rev. B. C./ Roebson, 1936. Associate Pastor, Rev. P. A./ Price, 1924."
transfer-printed: on the reverse at the bottom: "WORLDWIDE ART STUDIOS/ COVINGTON, TENN."
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.