JOB TITLE: Development Associate/ Membership
REPORTS TO: Director of Individual Giving
JOB SUMMARY: This Development Associate position is the primary person responsible for the administration of the membership program while also performing other duties.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2 years of Development experience in a non-profit organization.
- Intermediate Word, Excel and PowerPoint required. Altru, Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce preferred.
- Knowledge of fundraising tools, such as Relationship Science, Wealth Engine, Donor Search preferred.
- Knowledge of tax-deductible language and gift processing
- Demonstrated experience managing projects
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- A self-motivated learner
- Detail-oriented with high standards for accuracy
- An enthusiasm for Museum Development work and the desire to take on challenges
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the Director of Individual Giving
- Respond to membership calls
- Print membership cards, welcome letters, and mail materials to members
- Oversee and schedule membership acquisitions via email, regular mail and implement the same
- Track Membership program financial progress and reporting on same
- Track and process charitable donations of membership and tours to non-profits
- Help coordinate events and programs directed exclusively or primarily for general members, including but not limited to annual member breakfast, Thanksgiving Eve Family Event, Members-only tours, book club and similar events
- Help conceive and execute end-of-year appeal, end-of-fiscal year appeal, Giving Tuesday appeal, as well as other special appeals and membership promotions over the course of the year
- Assistance with general Development department events
- Additional duties as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role using a computer; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary.
For consideration please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com Please reference the job title in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resource department directly.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer