Education Associate (PT)
JOB TITLE: Education Associate (part time)
REPORTS TO: Vice President for Education
The Education Associate at the New-York Historical Society is a part time position that manages and provides direct support for Education programs and projects and provides administrative support to the Education Division staff.
Drawing on world-renowned collections and a staff of passionate professionals, N-YHS Education engages learners of all ages in the study of our collective past to deepen content knowledge, develop 21st century skills, and foster an empowered and engaged citizenry. We believe in the power of authentic historical study to spark curiosity and creativity, to promote cultural understanding, and to strengthen our democracy.
The Education Associate is exposed to and involved in the broad swath of programming, opportunities, and functions of a museum education department. The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational and communication skills and a passion for the not-for-profit field. The Associate is responsible for management of the college/graduate internship program and the Homeschool Academy. The Associate serves as production coordinator for Education Division marketing materials and is responsible for managing the Division’s digital marketing presence.
This is a part time position, compensated at $23/hour for maximum 24 hours/week.
Bachelor’s degree required.
- Project and/or program management experience required
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Experience in a museum setting or non-profit organization preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google Suite, required; familiarity with Interfolio, SPSS, Mailchimp, and/or ACME Ticketing preferred
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Responsibilities for this position include but may not be limited to:
- Provide administrative and project support to the N-YHS Education Division.
- Manage Education Division digital presence with the assistance of the Communications and IT departments, including webpages, social media, and email blasts.
- Manage the Homeschool Academy at New-York Historical, a suite of classes for homeschooled students from elementary through high school, including all administration and logistics; liaising between instructors, parents, and students; and marketing.
- Manage college and graduate internships program, including coordinating application and hiring process, liaising between interns and supervisors in departments across the institution, facilitating orientations and other programming, and other administrative and logistical tasks.
- Serve as Production Coordinator for Education Division marketing publications.
- Maintain and run reports from Education Division evaluation database, IBM’s SPSS program.
- Provide support for Division-wide special events.
- Additional duties as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role using a computer; however, some filing and moving of materials is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary, and the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
For consideration please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the job title in the subject line.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer