Bar shot excavated at a Revolutionary War barracks

Bar shot excavated at a Revolutionary War barracks
Title
Bar shot excavated at a Revolutionary War barracks
Date 
1760-1783
Medium 
Iron
Dimensions 
Overall: 11 x 3 1/2 in. ( 27.9 x 8.9 cm )
Description 
Iron bar shot; two half-circles connected by rectangular bar.
Credit Line 
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Object Number 
INV.6100.419
Gallery Label 
This bar shot was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others from a refuse deposit near military barracks that extended along Bennett Avenue between 181st and 182nd Streets. Built after the surrender of Fort Washington by American forces on November 16, 1776, the barracks were occupied by the British and Hessian garrisons of the fort until evacuation in 1783.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group