Belt buckle excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp

Belt buckle excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Title
Belt buckle excavated at a British Revolutionary War camp
Date 
1760-1775
Medium 
Brass, iron
Dimensions 
Overall: 2 x 1 3/8 in. ( 5.1 x 3.5 cm )
Description 
Brass belt buckle excavated at the British military camp on the Dyckman farm in Washington Heights, Manhattan; rectangular frame with fragment of an iron tongue.
Object Number 
INV.5924.89
Gallery Label 
This buckle was excavated in 1917 by Reginald P. Bolton, William L. Calver, and others prior to the formation of the Field Exploration Committee in 1918, at the British camp on the Dyckman farm, between Seaman and Payson Avenues and 204th and Academy Streets in Washington Heights. It was stored as part of the Reginald Pelham Bolton Collection of Revolutionary War Relics in the Morris-Jumel Mansion, at 160th Street and Edgecomb Avenue in Washington Heights, Manhattan.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group