largest: 1 3/4 x 1 1/4 in. ( 4.4 x 3.2 cm )
Copper belt clasps excavated at the British and Hessian camp on Laurel Hill at Fort George, along Audubon and Eleventh Avenues and between 190th and 194th Streets in Washington Heights, Manhattan; each clasp has studs on the back and slots to loop the belt through.
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.