Bottleglass fragment excavated at Revolutionary War barracks

Object Number: 
INV.6100.149
Date: 
1760-1783
Medium: 
Glass
Dimensions: 
Overall: 1 1/8 x 1 7/8 in. ( 2.9 x 4.8 cm )
Description: 
Bottleglass fragment; flat, curved lip with neck.
Gallery Label: 
This fragment was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others from a refuse deposit near military barracks that extended along Bennett Avenue between 181st and 182nd Streets. The barracks were built after the surrender of Fort Washington on November 16, 1776, and were occupied by the British and Hessian garrisons of the fort until evacuation in 1783.
Credit Line: 
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group