Bowl (2)

Bowl (2)
Title
Bowl (2)
Date 
1760-1783
Medium 
Stoneware
Dimensions 
Overall: 3 x 4 in. ( 7.6 x 10.2 cm )
Description 
Stoneware bowl; gray-bodied with brown salt glaze; incised lines on body.
Credit Line 
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Object Number 
1947.542ab
Gallery Label 
This bowl was excavated in 1909 by Reginald P. Bolton and others at a military camp between Arden and 192nd Streets in Washington Heights, Manhattan. Built after the surrender of Fort Washington by American forces on November 16, 1776, the camp was occupied by British and Hessian troops until evacuation in 1783. The bowl was owned by a soldier, by a member of a soldier's family, or by a camp follower.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group