Opalescent white blown glass bowl and tumbler, both with flared rim edged in gilding and initials "PTB" in gilding on side.
According to the accession records, this bowl and tumbler were part of a set owned by P. T. Barnum (1810-1891), great-grandfather of the donor. The bowls and tumblers in this set were apparently used for mouth-rinsing after a meal.
Gift of Henry H. Rennell
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024