Overall: 10 1/4 x 20 1/2 x 16 in. ( 26 x 52.1 x 40.6 cm )
Rectangular pine box joined with nails and painted brown; inscription on front.
painted: in white on front of box: "BOOKS of SHOP/ belonging to the original/ PUBLIC SCHOOL SOCIETY/ August 1st 1853"
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.