Bricks (2)

Bricks (2)
Title
Bricks (2)
Date 
1760-1783
Medium 
Clay
Dimensions 
largest: 7 1/4 x 3 1/2 in. ( 18.4 x 8.9 cm )
Description 
Bricks; rectangular; yellow.
Credit Line 
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Object Number 
INV.5608.7-8
Gallery Label 
These bricks were excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others from the floors of twenty huts that were built onto the side of a hill that once stood on the east side of Broadway at Arden Street in Washington Heights, Manhattan. Built after the surrender of Fort Washington by American forces on November 16, 1776, the camp was occupied by British and Hessian troops until evacuation in 1783.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group