Brass military button; dome-shaped with design of three cannons and cannonballs enclosed by shield.
This button was excavated by the Field Exploration Committee in Ontario, Canada along the Niagara River near Fort George, a British fort built in 1795. It was worn by a private of the Royal Regiment of Artillery who was camped or stationed near the fort.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024