In early 2017, our fourth floor will be transformed into a new destination for historical education and innovation. During the current renovation, objects from our permanent collection are on view throughout the Museum.
Get off the track! : a song for Emmancipation, sung by the Hutchinsons, respectfully dedicated to Nath.l P. Rogers, as a mark of esteem for his intrepidity in the cause of human rights
Support the New-York Historical Society
Help us present groundbreaking exhibitions and develop educational programs about our nation's history for more than 200,000 schoolchildren annually.
Overall: 29 3/4 x 25 in. ( 75.6 x 63.5 cm )
Frame: 32 3/4 x 27 3/4 in. (83.2 x 70.5 cm)
In 1837 Charles L. Tiffany and his friend John B. Young opened a notions store near New York City Hall. Their business prospered and developed until, in 1853, the firm became Tiffany and Company. Tiffany was a founder of the New York Society of Fine Arts, a patron of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, a trustee of the American Museum of Natural History, and a member of The New-York Historical Society. Charles L. Tiffany was the father of Louis Comfort Tiffany (1848-1933), the artist and glassmaker.
Gift of Mrs. Comfort Tiffany Gilder
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024