This coin was excavated by the Field Exploration Committee at Sneeden's Landing, a blockhouse on the west side of the Hudson River in Rockland County, New York. Built in 1780 by a French officer, the blockhouse was garrisoned by Continental Army and French troops.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024