Object Number: 
Wood, paint, textile
Overall: 9 7/8 x 2 7/8 x 1/4 in. ( 25.1 x 7.3 x 0.6 cm )
Painted cut-out wooden silhouette doll with limbs jointed at shoulders, hips and knees; doll has pink skin, blue eyes, rosy cheeks, and short, curly yellow hair pulled back with a blue headband and wears a pink checkered cloth dress with light blue belt and scarf.
Gallery Label: 
According to accession records, the donor, Helen Sargent Hitchcock, designed this doll. Hitchcock, who had studied painting at the Art Students League, founded the Art Workers Club for Women in 1898 and the Art Alliance of America in 1914. Out of these grew the Art Center, which she founded in 1920. The Art Center joined seven afilliate organizations under a single building on East 56th Street in New York City, including the Art Alliance, the Society of Illustrators, the American Institute of Graphic Art, and the Art Directors Club.
Credit Line: 
Gift of Mrs. Ripley Hitchcock
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group