East Side of Nassau Street, Between Frankfort and Spruce Streets, New York City
Watercolor, black ink, graphite, and gouache on paper
Overall: 12 1/2 x 17 3/4 in. ( 31.8 x 45.1 cm )
mat: 15 7/8 x 21 7/8 in. ( 40.3 x 55.6 cm )
Gift of Mrs. Susie Cruikshank Snyder
inscriptions: not signed
Inscribed at upper left outside image in graphite: "NASSAU ST. & side from Frankfort to Spruce. / 166 164 162-60 158 156-4"; below image: "as it was 1840-41, except for designation of Tammany Hall as Lovejoy's Hotel, which is incorrect." verso inscribed at center: "The Sun: second site (1836-41). / 'Lovejoy's Hotel' is in error: Lovejoy's Hotel was then, as later, at 34 Park Row, S. corner of Beekman St."
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.