First Headquarters in New York (De Peyster House), July 1776
Black crayon, gray wash, graphite, and white gouache on board
Overall: 10 1/8 x 8 3/4 in. ( 25.7 x 22.2 cm )
Gift of the Estate of Harry A. Ogden
inscription: lower right: "First h'dqtrs in New York The DePeyster house New York /July 1776"
stamped: on back: "THE HARRY A. OGDEN COLLECTION / OF / THE NEW YORK HISTORICAL SOCIETY / OCTOBER 20, 1936"
Inscribed at lower left in graphite: "First h'dqtrs in New York The Depeyster house New York / July 1776"
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.