Glass fragment

Glass fragment
Title
Glass fragment
Date 
1760-1783
Medium 
Glass
Dimensions 
Overall: 1 3/4 x 1 1/4 in. ( 4.4 x 3.2 cm )
Description 
Glass body; colorless, curved.
Object Number 
INV.6100.422
Gallery Label 
This fragment was excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others from a refuse deposit near military barracks that extended along Bennett Avenue between 181st and 182nd Streets. Built after the surrender of Fort Washington by American forces on November 16, 1776, the barracks were occupied by the British and Hessian garrisons of the fort until evacuation in 1783.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group