Opaline blown glass tumbler; flared rim edged in gilding and initials "PTB" in gilding on side of tumbler.
According to the accession records, this tumbler was once part of a set owned by P. T. Barnum (1810-1891), great-grandfather of the donor. The bowls and tumblers in this set were apparently used for mouth-rinsing after a meal.
Gift of Henry H. Rennell
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024