Gunflints (5) excavated at a Revolutionary War military hut

Gunflints (5) excavated at a Revolutionary War military hut
Title
Gunflints (5) excavated at a Revolutionary War military hut
Date 
1760-1783
Medium 
Flint
Dimensions 
largest: 3/8 x 1 in. ( 1 x 2.5 cm )
Description 
Gunflints; three brown and one black.
Credit Line 
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Object Number 
INV.6100.366-370
Gallery Label 
These flints were excavated by Reginald P. Bolton and others from a military hut at 182nd Street between Fort Washington and Bennett Avenues. The hut was built sometime after the surrender of Fort Washington on November 16, 1776, and was probably occupied by officers of the British and Hessian garrisons of the fort.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group