ca. 1736, with alterations ca. 1750
Overall: 2 3/16 x 1 15/16 in. ( 5.5 x 4.9 cm )
Silver Weight: 3 oz (troy) 1 dwt (95 g)
Oval cast medal with suspension loop (added later) and wrought chain; obverse central section cast with bust-length portraits of facing monarchs with five-pointed coronet above; cast crossed laurel branches at bottom; denticle edge. Reverse with traces of erased border and later inscription.
INSCRIPTION: Obverse engraved along outer section over erasure: "GEORGE & CAROLINE . Kg: & Q: OF ENGLD :" Reverse engraved: "GANOUSSERACHERI / T'GANIATARECHOC / TSCHIGOCHGOHARONC / RACHWISTONIS / HAJINKONIS / 1750"
Gift of Miss Fanny Ogden
engraved: on obverse: "GEORGE & CAROLINE. KG: & Q: of. Engld."
engraved: on reverse: "GANOUSSERACHERI / T'GANIATARECHOC / TSCHIGOCHGOHARONC / RACHWISTONIS / HAJINKONIS / 1750"
PROVENANCE: Original owner uncertain; to Philip Schuyler (1733-1804), who married Catherine Van Rensselaer (1734-1803); to their son John Bradstreet Schuyler (1765-1795), who married Elizabeth Van Rensselaer (1768-1841); to their son Philip Schuyler (1788-1865), who married Grace Hunter (1790-1855); to their daughter Ruth Schuyler (1813-1901), who married Thomas W. Ogden (1810-1901); to their son Walter Ogden (1848-1914); to his cousin Richard Ogden (1851-1922); to his sister Fanny Ogden (1848-1942), the donor.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.