Overall: 8 1/2 × 5 3/8 in. (21.6 × 13.7 cm)
on brass plaque: " S.N. & H.C. UFFORD/ 113 COURT ST. / BOSTON / KINNEARS PATENT / FEB 4, 1851"
One of a pair of tin lamps with compressed barrel shaped reservoirs with brass plaques and screw cap on tin cylindrical shafts supported by cast iron funnel shaped feet with pierced motifs: a) geometric lattice work and b) row of elongated tear drops and band of quatrefoil. Tops have wide slots for a flat wick, a small wick tube at one side for a night light, and a fuel orifice with a brass screw-on lid. Loop sockets at both sides for wire brackets to hold missing shade
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.