Links (5)

Object Number: 
INV.6318.71-75
Date: 
1760-1783
Medium: 
Bronze
Dimensions: 
largest: 3/4 x 1/2 in. ( 1.9 x 1.3 cm )
Description: 
Bronze links; circular with floral designs on front.
Gallery Label: 
These sleeve and cuff-links were excavated by the Field Exploration Committee at the British and Hessian camp on Laurel Hill at Fort George, in Washington Heights. They were housed for many years as part of the Reginald Pelham Bolton Collection of Revolutionary War Relics (case 3, No. 203) in the Jumel Mansion, on 160th Street and Edgecomb Ave. The decorated sleeve-link and cuff-links belonged to British or Hessian officers.
Credit Line: 
Gift of the Washington Headquarters Association, Daughters of the American Revolution, 1947
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group