In early 2017, our fourth floor will be transformed into a new destination for historical education and innovation. During the current renovation, objects from our permanent collection are on view throughout the Museum.
This medal commemorates the completion of the Catskill Aqueduct in 1917. The development of the Catskill region was meant to supplement water supplied to New York City from the Croton Aqueduct, which had been completed in 1842. The Catskill System was planned by the Board of Water Supply, a committee that had been established in 1905 to anticipate the city's increasing need for more water.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024