Pair of ale glasses

Object Number: 
2011.30.4a
Date: 
1775-1800
Medium: 
Lead glass
Dimensions: 
Overall: 4 7/8 × 2 1/8 in. (12.4 × 5.4 cm)
Description: 
Colorless, lead glass. Ale glass, blown and pattern molded; conical bowl with wrythen ribbing; short stem with twisted knop; disk foot; pontil mark
Gallery Label: 
These ale glasses were deaccessioned from the Billiou-Stillwell-Perine House in Staten Island, built in 1665 and now owned by Historic Richmondtown. They were presumably used by members of the Perine family, who occupied the house from 1758 until 1913.
Credit Line: 
Gift of Ivan C. and Marilynn Gelfman Karp
Provenance: 
Billiou-Stillwell-Perine House, Staten Island; antiques dealer Virginia Sloan; collector Marilynn Karp.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group