Philip Schuyler Mansion, Albany, New York (headpiece on manuscript description and appraisal of the property)

Philip Schuyler Mansion, Albany, New York (headpiece on manuscript description and appraisal of the property)
Philip Schuyler Mansion, Albany, New York (headpiece on manuscript description and appraisal of the property)
Philip Schuyler Mansion, Albany, New York (headpiece on manuscript description and appraisal of the property)
Title
Philip Schuyler Mansion, Albany, New York (headpiece on manuscript description and appraisal of the property)
Date 
1818
Medium 
Watercolor and brown ink on paper
Dimensions 
Overall: 9 5/8 x 8 in. ( 24.4 x 20.3 cm ) mat: 18 x 14 in. ( 45.7 x 35.6 cm )
Description 
Architecture
Credit Line 
Gift of Nannette Bryan
Object Number 
1961.13
Marks 
inscription: below image: "View of Bryans Place by Hooker."
Inscriptions 
Inscribed along lower border inside image in brown watercolor: "View of Bryans Place -- by Hooker."
Gallery Label 
The Philip Schuyler mansion at the corner of Clinton and Schuyler Streets is Albany's most imposing colonial landmark. Erected by Philip Schuyler (1733-1804) in 1762, it was originally known as "the Pastures" and stood near what was then the south edge of the city. Hooker's watercolor of the house and its outbuildings was used as a headpiece on a manuscript description and appraisal of the property, dated January 20, 1818, and signed by Hooker as city surveyor.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group