Section of clock face from the Middle Reformed Dutch Church

Object Number: 
Wood, metal
Overall: 65 x 23 1/2 x 4 in. ( 165.1 x 59.7 x 10.2 cm )
Tall wooden section of clock face with remnants of Roman numeral XII on front; applied molded pediment; arched metal frame affixed to back.
Gallery Label: 
This section of a clock dial with the faded numeral "XII" came from the Middle Reformed Dutch Church, built in 1727 on Nassau Street between Cedar and Liberty Streets. In 1844, the building was leased by the U.S. Post Office, and was used by them until 1875.
Credit Line: 
Gift of A.O.B.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group