Object Number: 
Mahogany, poplar, pine
Overall: 42 1/2 x 75 1/2 x 29 in. ( 108 x 191.8 x 73.7 cm )
engraved: on metal plaque affixed to front: "Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Harry Edwin Ward/ in memory of/ Mr. Ward's mother, Anna Stannard Ward"
Mahogany Federal sideboard; top slightly overhangs case; case has straight front with ovolo ends; cross-banded edges; case divided into three vertical sections; center has wide drawer flanked by two small square drawers above recessed center cabinet flanked by bottle drawers; curved outed segments each have a drawer above a cupboard; decorated with inlaid stringing.
Gallery Label: 
According to the accession records, this sideboard was originally owned by Joseph Wilcox, a Revolutionary soldier. It was purchased by Mr. and Mrs. Jared Carter between 1820 and 1830, and was passed on to their daughter, Polly Carter Stannard (Mrs. Carter Stannard) in 1893. The sideboard then passed on to her daughter, Anna T, Stannard Ward (Mrs. Charles T. Ward), the mother of the donor, on December 30, 1900.
Credit Line: 
Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Harry Edwin Ward in memory of Mr. Ward's mother, Anna Stannard Ward
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group