Stained glass window

Is owned by NYHS: 
Yes
Stained glass window
Stained glass window
Title
Stained glass window
Date 
ca. 1656
Medium 
Glass
Dimensions 
Overall: 30 1/2 x 27 1/4 x 1 in. ( 77.5 x 69.2 x 2.5 cm )
Description 
Stained glass window; oval pane painted in polychrome enamels with strapwork frame with a coat of arms consisting of a shield divided vertically into two fields with a fruit tree on the left and a crossbow on the right, surmounted by a helmet, all surrounded by foliate scrollwork, all over cartouche with the inscription "Cornelis woutersz hogenboom/ en machtet Cornelis de wit syn/ huysfroiu 1643" (Cornelis son of Walter Hoenboom and Cornelis DeWit his wife 1643); pane set in leaded glass window with rectangular panes and an oak frame with iron corner brackets.
Credit Line 
Gift of Mrs. Howard C. Robbins
Object Number 
1951.414c
Marks 
painted: cartouche with the inscription "Cornelis woutersz hogenboom/ en machtet Cornelis de wit syn/ huysfroiu 1643" (Cornelis son of Walter Hoenboom and Cornelis DeWit his wife 1643)
Gallery Label 
This is one of a small group of stained glass windows attributed to Duyckink that are thought to have been made for the First Reformed Dutch Church built in Albany, NY in 1656 and torn down in 1715. This window was removed from a house on Eighth St. in New York City and found by Mrs. Howard Robbins in a wrecker's yard and used in her Dutch Revival house at Sneden's Landing on the Hudson.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group