Tiles

Object Number: 
N-387.1-12
Date: 
1850-1866
Medium: 
Earthenware
Description: 
Fifteen tiles from the club house of the American Jockey Club, including a set of 12 encaustic gothic revival tile with red clay body inlaid with cream, white, and blue slip; 1 encaustic tile with red clay body with cream and black slip; and 2 blue transfer-printed tin-glazed earthenware tiles.
Gallery Label: 
This tile was orignially installed in the club house of the American Jockey Club located in Jerome Park, Kingsbridge in the north-western Bronx. The club house was built in 1866 and demolished in 1898.
Credit Line: 
Gift of George W. Nash
Provenance: 
The George W. Nash Collection of Ulster County, New York Household Artifacts
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Creative: Tronvig Group