A collection of luggage tags from Delta and American airlines. Two green baggage tags are from "Delta C&S Air Lines" from the New Orleans MSY airport, originally named Moisant Airfield in 1946, now Louis Armstrong International Airport. Two blue and white "Expedite Baggage" tags, also from Delta C&S, with instructions for the limosine delivery of bags to an address in New Orleans. Delta C & S Air Lines was formed in 1953 by a merger of Delta and Chicago & Southern Airlines. Two American Airlines baggage tags from "The Nonstop Mercury/ First Nonstop Service-Coast to Coast", to Los Angeles from New York's Idlewild Airport, re-named in December of 1963 John F. Kennedy Airport.
Gift of Bella C. Landauer
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.