Overall: 8 5/8 x 2 3/8 in. ( 21.9 x 6 cm )
in relief: on knob: "THE P. & A. MFG CO/ACORN"
stamped: on ring supporting shade: "THE TWILIGHT"
stamped: on arm supporting ring: "PAT MAY 22, 1894"
Metal burner unit for kerosene lamp attached to opaque white cylindrical glass font decorated with applied green glass with leaf formations; burner unit has two arms holding a metal ring to support the glass shade; a wick holder with adjustment knob, and a pierced gallery around the wick holder. Glass font has metal fitting at bottom which slides into lamp base.
Gift of Mrs. John V. Irwin
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.