Overall: 5 3/4 x 6 in. (14.6 x 15.2 cm)
Silver Weight: 14 oz (troy) -0.3 dwt (435 g)
Wrought Victorian rococo silver waste bowl with lid; six-sided inverted pear-shaped body on a molded six-sided scalloped foot; upper body flares slightly, to a scalloped rim with cast-applied c-scrolls and six decorative cast pendants at each drop; chased and repousséd floral, scroll and acanthus decoration divides the six sides and runs along the first curve of the lower body; engraved cartouches in each section are filled with diamond patterns on the sides, a blank reserve on the back, and a reserve with the initials, "Z M" in gothic script on the front; foot decorated with chased and repousséd floral and scroll decoration; maker's marks on the base.
Gift of Dr. Adelaide Mills
Zophar Mills (1809-1887), who married Eliza Phillips (ca. 1815-1902); to their daughter Dr. Adelaide Mills (b. 1852), the donor.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.