As part of our Summer of Hamilton celebration, enjoy $10 Museum Admission now until Labor Day. Offer good for in-person ticket purchases, not available online. This offer may not be combined with other discounts.
In early 2017, our fourth floor will be transformed into a new destination for historical education and innovation. During the current renovation, objects from our permanent collection are on view throughout the Museum.
Medicine Man (Blackfoot): Plate 173
Graphite and black ink on prepared card
Support the New-York Historical Society
Help us present groundbreaking exhibitions and develop educational programs about our nation's history for more than 200,000 schoolchildren annually.
Colorless pressed glass wine glass; round funnel-shaped bowl printed with portrait of Washington above inscription "Fraunces Tavern," faceted pedestal stem on plain conical foot.
Fraunces Tavern was a meeting hall and inn built in 1719 at Queen (now Pearl) and Canal (now Broad) Streets in New York. It was the site of significant events associated with the Revolutionary and Early National Periods, including Washington's farewell to his troops in 1783. It was restored and opened as a museum and restaurant by the Sons of Liberty in 1907.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024