Cone-shaped form with incised pattern for Arrowhead shade.
Once the glass for a Tiffany lampshade was selected, cut, and wrapped with copper foil, the pieces were assembled on wooden blocks such as this one. Made for the Arrowhead model, this block is one of several preserved by John Dikeman (1882-1967), who began working in Tiffany's lamp department at the turn of the century and later headed that division before its disbanding in the 1920s. The Arrowhead model was designed by Clara Driscoll around 1904 and its production was discontinued by 1910.
Fred and Nancylee Dikeman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.
Museum & Library Map
Floor plan & visitor information
New-York Historical Society
170 Central Park West
at Richard Gilder Way (77th Street)
New York, NY 10024