Human Resource Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Human Resource Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Human Resource Director
JOB SUMMARY: The New-York Historical Society is seeking a Human Resources Coordinator to support all areas related to Human Resources. Reporting to the HR Director, this position requires someone with attention to detail, strong work ethic, excellent customer service, good judgment and confidentiality.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s or Associates degree.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years office experience working with confidential information preferably at a non-profit. Excellent customer service and verbal/written communication skills required. Must be computer literate in MS Office, including the ability to learn and use ADP software. Must be a self-starter and enjoy working on a variety of projects. Requires the attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide superior customer service on behalf of Human Resources; acting as a point of contact for staff and presenting a pleasant and professional demeanor while maintaining confidentiality of information
- Perform HR duties including, but not limited to:
- Maintain personnel files for active and terminated employees.
- Post jobs on the museum website, job boards and other social media as determined.
- Screen resumes, interview candidates, conduct references and make job offers.
- Complete new hire paperwork including background checks, I-9’s, W-4’s, ID badges, etc.
- Conduct New Hire Employee orientation for employees, interns and fellows,
- Coordinate new hire materials (new hire packets, benefits packets, “swag” materials)
- Enroll new employees in benefits including medical, dental vision, life and disability insurance.
- Enroll staff in COBRA and keep track of payments.
- Send notifications to unions of new hires and terminations
- Maintain table of organization for all departments
- Respond to employee verifications and request for information
- Review and code invoices for payment
- Prepare internal reports for time off and retirement contributions
- Prepare external reports for EEO and discrimination testing
- Compile data for compensation and benefit surveys
- Maintain and update employee status in the ADP system.
- Preparing memos, spreadsheets and/or presentations using Microsoft Office
- Perform other duties as requested
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role using a computer; however, some filing is required. This requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary.
For consideration please send a cover letter resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com Please reference the job title in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resource department directly.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer