National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowship
One fellowship for the length of a single academic year is supported by the National Endowment for the Humanities for the sake of research at the New-York Historical Society. The ten-month residency will carry a stipend of $42,000, plus benefits. This fellowship will begin September 5, 2018 and will end June 29, 2019. The fellowship is available to individuals who have completed their formal professional training and have a strong record of accomplishment within their field. There is no restriction relating to age or academic status of applicants. Foreign nationals are eligible to apply if they have lived in the United States for at least three years immediately preceding the application deadline. Application requirements include:
- A two- to three-page proposal, describing the theme of the major research project the fellow will undertake, and stating specifically why the resources of the New-York Historical Society are critical to the project
- A curriculum vitae
- A short writing sample of no more than 3,000 words or ten pages
- Three letters of recommendation
COMPLETE APPLICATIONS WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE ELEMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED:
- No later than 11:59 pm on January 8, 2018
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
- To apply, click here.
The New-York Historical Society, in accordance with Federal, State and Local Laws, does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, disability (physical or mental handicap), arrest record or sexual orientation. The Historical Society also is required by law, by virtue of its contract(s) with federal government to take affirmative action to employ women, minorities, otherwise qualified handicapped individuals, and Vietnam era and disabled veterans.