Overall: 1 1/8 x 9 3/4 in. ( 2.9 x 24.8 cm )
Molded pearlware ("spatterware") plate with slightly faceted brim and correspondingly angled rim; brim covered with sponged-on blue underglaze and at center is a handpainted stylized red flower with green leaves.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.