Brass, steel, leather
each overall: 7/8 x 3 1/4 x 5 1/2 in. ( 2.2 x 8.3 x 14 cm )
Brass arched-band spurs with a cylindrical goad fitted with a ball head with a steel spiked wheel inside; buckles on the ends of the bands; wide leather boot straps attach to the buckles.
Gift of Mrs. R. Horace Gallatin
These spurs belonged to Lieutenant Fordham Morris (1842-1909) of the Fifth Army Corps, Artillery Brigade during the Civil War. Lieutenant Morris was the donor's father.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.