Overall: 5/8 x 5/8 in. ( 1.6 x 1.6 cm )
Gold-plated collar button with large circular shank.
stamped: reverse of shank: "KREMENTZ / PLATE"
This one-piece collar button was made by Krementz & Company in Newark, New Jersey, a company founded by George Krementz in 1866. He invented new articles and the machinery with which to manufacture them, including these one-piece collar buttons in 1884.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.