Overall: 6 1/4 x 4 1/2 in. ( 15.9 x 11.4 cm )
Colorless lead glass tumbler blown in a three-part mold of geometric design (McKearin GII-22); cylindrical form with a band of vertical ribs over a band of diagonal ribs over a band of diamond diapering over a band of diagonal ribs over a band of vertical ribs; base molded with a band of diamonds (Diamond Type X-XII?) around blank central pattern with pontil mark.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.