Overall: 45 1/2 x 20 x 10 in. ( 115.6 x 50.8 x 25.4 cm )
Oak handcart with hand-shaped handles; wooden axle and wheels held together with metal pin.
Gift of Oliver E. Kreiger
According to the accession records, this handcart belonged to Gerrittsen's Tide Mill located on Mill Pond in Flatlands, Brooklyn. It was used to move bags and barrels around the mill until about 1917. The records state that the object could not date from before 1850.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.