Pine, poplar, paint
Overall: 77 1/2 x 49 x 17 1/4 in. ( 196.8 x 124.5 x 43.8 cm )
Pine and poplar cupboard with double-angled back; heavily molded cornice with double serpentine-cut valence above three shelves with ornately shaped front edges set behind scalloped frame; panels behind shelves painted green; cabinet below with a single door with two framed panels with beveled edges, wrought iron strap hinges, and wooden swivel latch.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.