Overall: 9 7/8 x 3 3/4 in. ( 25.1 x 9.5 cm )
Olive green, non-lead, blown glass bottle; bottle blown in a dip mold and has a cylindrical neck with an applied, up-tooled, string rim, rounded shoulders, and a squat cylindrical body with a push-up and pontil mark.
Gift of Charles Authur Mauer
According to the accession records, this bottle was excavated by the donor in 1916 at the site of the Hut Camp of the British 17th Regiment of Foot on the east side of Payson (formerly Prescott) Avenue, Inwood, New York City. The bottle was found at a depth of three feet below the surface, and was covered with fire ashes.
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.