Overall: 7 1/4 x 4 1/2 x 2 in. ( 18.4 x 11.4 x 5.1 cm )
Amber-green lead glass figured flask blown in a full-sized, two-part mold (McKearin GX-27); flask has a hand-tooled flared cylindrical neck, rounded shoulders, and a rectangular embossed with the American flag with thirteen stars on the obverse, and the inscription "NEW GRANITE GLASS WORKS STODDARD NH" on the obverse, with a flat bottom with a pontil mark.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
embossed: on reverse "NEW GRANITE GLASS WORKS/ STODDARD/ NH"
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.