Overall: 8 3/4 x 6 x 3 in. ( 22.2 x 15.2 x 7.6 cm )
Pale green lead glass figured flask blown in a two-part mold (McKearin GI-26) with hand-tooled flared lip, oval body with bust of George Washington in classical dress in oval frame on obverse, American eagle and shield in oval frame on reverse, and oval base with pontil mark.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.