Overall: 4 1/8 x 1 3/4 in. ( 10.5 x 4.4 cm )
Colorless lead glass cruet bottle blown in three part mold (McKearin G.III-27); nine-sided body with steeply sloping shoulders, narrow neck, and flaring lip; molded decoration composed of vertical ribs around shoulders, series of three repeating rectangular panels on sides including diamond mesh, sunburst, and sunburst in diamond patterns; zig-zag bands around base.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.