overall, without stopper: 5 3/4 x 2 3/4 in. ( 14.6 x 7 cm )
Purple-blue lead glass cruet or cologne bottle blown in a mold of three vertical sections and a base plate (McKearin GI-7 Type 2) with a tapered cylindrical neck with flanged lip, barrel-shaped bottle with sloping shoulders molded with bulbous horizontal ring at shoulders and 36 vertical ribs, flat base with pontil mark, and solid pressed and tooled glass stopper.
Purchased from Elie Nadelman
This object was once part of the folk art collection of Elie Nadelman (1882-1946), the avant-garde sculptor. From 1924 to 1934, Nadelman's collection was displayed in his Museum of Folk Arts, located in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. The Historical Society purchased Nadelman's entire collection in 1937.
The Folk Art Collection of Elie Nadelman
Due to ongoing research, information about this object is subject to change.